Retired Stamps for Sale

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Elements of Style

I am feeling better now.  I have a stye in my left eye and this one is like no other I had before.  My whole eye swelled closed half way including part of my cheek.  It was painful and hard to work on anything because everything was blurry.  Usually I wait and pop it myself but my dear hubby went to the Pharmacy and told them what I had. Long story short, I have been using Polysporin for the eye and the swelling is finally almost gone. Still a little blurry and really itchy, but I can at least do stuff now.

So on to my card today.  It was my girlfriends' birthday, and I wanted to do a pretty card using the Elements of Style stamp set from the Summer mini. I love this stamp set.  I saw this card on Sandi MacIver's blog and loved it, so I totally cased it. It's so elegant looking to me.

Here is a closer look:

And a closeup of the butterfly:

I used chalks to color it with Q-tips, sponged the edges, my Stamp-a-majig to position the words and the front panel is up on dimensionals.
Needless to say she liked the card.  It so suited her.

Thanks for dropping by and visiting.  I have a really pretty sewing project to show you tomorrow so hope you drop by again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you - I love to hear from you:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails