Retired Stamps for Sale

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Sweet Sunday

I have been swamped since Monday everyday! My daughter started sewing camp Monday and goes from 9-12 everyday. I thought or my plan was to go and drop her off and get home and get crafty until I had to go get her.  Hasn't happened yet this week.  I'm hoping to clean my craft room and get on my projects, or at least start before the weekend.
Today I want to share with you another christmas card.  Hope you don't mind, but I was serious when I said I needed a head start.  Last year I handed out none because I was so busy doing classes.  My father even commented "You make them and don't send any out?"  I want to send them out this year. 


How cute is this little guy.  I love penguins, especially chubby ones.  The DSP is from the dollar store I think.  I colored him with my Stampin' Up! markers and used Liquid Applique on the whipped topping and his pompom.  I love the 3D look.  I used my swirls folder in my Big Shot on the pink cardstock.  I received this stamp set last year from a friend.  I believe the image is from Stampendous.  I will definitely being doing some more of these cute guys. And maybe some christmas stockings this year to match:) And did you notice my christmas tree in the sidebar counting down the days til christmas?  I know some of you don't want to even know, but I love christmas and especially love to tease my girlfriends.
I will have some more sewing projects to show you as well in the near future.  Linda's Quilt Shoppe is opening a second location!!!  It is expected to open the first week of November if all goes well.  The new location will be in Westbank behind the Superstore, so if you get the chance to, check it out when it does.  You will be amazed at all the talent and the gals that work there.  I was asked to make up samples for the new store of purses, totes, infant clothing, a quilt - I can't remember exactly what they all are but there is about 14 or 15 projects I think.  That's where I've been the last couple of days.  Picking all the patterns and fabric.  Man it is a lot of work when you have soooo much to choose from and you want it all!  I am stoked and grateful that they would ask me.  I'm really excited to get started.
That's it for today and I will be back tomorrow with another to share with you.  Could be another christmas card - not sure yet. 
                                  

1 comment:

  1. I just had to come and post on this one, he is adorable and the card is sweet!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you - I love to hear from you:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails